Committee & Leadership Assignments
Congressman Bilirakis has been selected by the House Republican Conference to serve in the following leadership and committee posts during the 117th Congress:
Health Subcommittee: The U.S. is home to a constant stream of cutting-edge medical advancements, but these innovations can only benefit patients and spur our economy if the FDA regulatory process keeps pace. The Health Subcommittee has developed key reforms to promote this type of medical advancement, part of its broader efforts to support market-based improvements to our health care system and reject heavy-handed government control.
Communications and Technology Subcommittee: As technology continues to change the way we live, the Communications and Technology Subcommittee plays an important role in supporting innovation and safety. The Subcommittee has jurisdiction over of; Electronic communications, aboth Interstate and foreign, including voice, video, audio and data, whether transmitted by wire or wirelessly, and whether transmitted by telecommunications, commercial or private mobile service, broadcast, cable, satellite, microwave, or other mode; technology generally; emergency and public safety communications; cybersecurity, privacy, and data security; the Federal Communications Commission, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, the Office of Emergency Communications in the Department of Homeland Security; and all aspects of the above-referenced jurisdiction related to the Department of Homeland Security.
- Chairman of the Republican Policy Committee Veterans' Affairs Task Force
- NATO Parliamentary Assembly
- Co-Chair of the Military Veterans Caucus
- Co-Chair of the Hellenic-Israel Alliance
- Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Hellenic Issues
- Co-Chair of the House Congenital Heart Caucus
- Co-Chair of the House Community College Caucus
- Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus for the Humane Bond
- Co-Chair of the Travel and Tourism Caucus
- Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Parkinson's Disease
- Co-Chair of the International Religious Freedom Caucus
- Congressional Veterans Jobs Caucus