Bilirakis Applauds Committee Passage of 11 Veterans Bills
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis (FL-12), Vice Chairman of the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, today applauded the committee’s passage of 11 bills to improve the VA and better serve our nation’s heroes.
“We made tremendous progress today with a series of bills that will serve our country’s Veterans. There’s more work to be done, but the legislation we passed will help increase VA accountability and expedite the appeals process. I’m especially proud of legislation I co-sponsored, the Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living-Adjustment Act. Our Veterans have sacrificed so much on our behalf, the least we can do is ensure they are compensated fairly,” said Bilirakis.
Please see below for a list of the bills passed by committee, and click here for more information.
- H.R. 91, the Building Supportive Networks for Women Veterans Act
- H.R. 467, the VA Scheduling Accountability Act
- H.R. 1005, to improve the provision of adult day health care services for veterans
- H.R. 1162, the No Hero Left Untreated Act
- H.R. 1329, as amended, the Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2017
- H.R. 1461, VET Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 1545, the VA Prescription Data Accountability Act 2017
- H.R. 1662, to prohibit smoking in any facility of the Veterans Health Administration
- H.R. 1725, the Quicker Veterans Benefits Delivery Act of 2017
- H.R. 1848, the Veterans Affairs Medical Scribe Pilot Act of 2017
- H.R. 2288, the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017
The next step for each bill is consideration by the entire U.S. House.