Bilirakis Congratulates FL12 Service Academy Appointees
New Port Richey, FL. – U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis (FL-12) congratulated five students from Florida’s 12th Congressional District who have been accepted to one of the nation’s prestigious service academies. The students were nominated by Bilirakis’ office based on their academic performance, extracurricular involvement, and character.
Please see below for a list of this year’s appointees:
- Bethany Greene, Sunlake High School: United States Naval Academy
- James Nichols, Steinbrenner High School: United States Military Academy
- Olivia Lane, Hillsborough High School: United States Air Force Academy
- Alana Tallman, Pasco High School: United States Air Force Academy
- Nicolette Clark, Allendale Academy: United States Air Force Academy
“Appointment to a U.S. service academy represents years of hard work and dedication,” said Bilirakis. “These students are truly the next generation of great leaders. I applaud their commitment to the rigors of an academy education and their desire to serve our nation in uniform.”
Each year, Bilirakis nominates a limited number of local high school students interested in attending a service academy. The students undergo a competitive interview process, and each respective academy makes the final decision on acceptance. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
Bilirakis is accepting applications for the next round of nominations in the fall. Click here to learn more about the nominating process.