Rep. Bilirakis to Award Service Medals to Local War Heroes
Awardees will receive a range of medals, including the Purple Heart, Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman Badge. The presentation will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the Lake Tarpon Village, 36299 U.S. Hwy. 19 North, Palm Harbor, Fla.
Award recipients include:
- Lawrence Biondi, Palm Harbor, Fla. – Combat Infantryman Badge
- Frank Cello, Clearwater, Fla. – Bronze Star, Combat Infantryman Badge, and WW II Victory Medal
- William Decker, Palm Harbor, Fla. – Bronze Star
- James Doss, Palm Harbor, Fla. – Marine Corp, Navy Achievement Medal
- Eldon J. Giles, Palm Harbor, Fla. – Purple Heart Medal
- Joseph W. Neill, Clearwater, Fla. – Bronze Star
- Steve Pruslak, Seminole, Fla. – Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Good Conduct Medal, American Defense Medal, WW II Victory Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, Sharpshooter Badge with Rifle Bar
- Norman Ressler, Hudson, Fla. – WW II Victory Medal, American Campaign Medal, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign with 2 Bronze Stars, Combat Action Ribbon
The Congressman’s Veterans’ Advisory Board will join him in presenting the medals. Comprised of local veterans from all three counties in the 9th Congressional District, the Advisory Board regularly meets with the Congressman and his staff to discuss a multitude of veterans' issues and to provide guidance and ideas for legislative initiatives, events and efforts to assist local veterans.
For more information about this award presentation, the 9th District Veterans' Advisory Board or any veterans-related issues, please contact Congressman Bilirakis's Palm Harbor District Office at (727) 773-2871.