Energy Resource Kit
"As Floridians face double digit unemployment for the first time in 34 years, the last thing we need is an energy tax that will drive energy costs through the roof for families and hamstring small businesses who are trying to survive and create jobs. This deeply flawed 'Cap & Trade' proposal will severely disadvantage American businesses and shift jobs to other nations like China and India who do not cap emissions. We must balance the need to protect our environment with the need for economic growth and job creation. Unfortunately this bill fails to effectively strike that balance and will do more harm than good.
"Congress should instead increase domestic energy production, promote energy efficiency, and encourage private investment in renewable energy technologies as part of a comprehensive plan to address our energy needs. Below I have assembled a list of resources that will assist you in learning more about what comprises the price we pay at the pump, tips for conserving, and where to find the lowest gas prices in your area."
- U.S. Department of Energy Information Administration Gas Price Breakdown
- U.S. Department of Energy Information Administration Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update
- U.S. Department of Energy Tips
- Federal Consumer Energy Tax Incentives
- This Week In Petroleum
- State of Florida Energy Profile
- Florida Energy Office
- Florida Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency